This is what you should be demanding from your government to contain the virus – The Guardian – Devi Sridhar (PhD), chair of global public health at the University of Edinburgh
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO IMPLEMENT MOST OF THESE STRATEGIES…IF NOT ALL OF THEM.
1. Test, trace isolate — Break chains of transmission.
2. Protect health workers (PPE
3. Robust surveillance of outbreaks and hotspots
4. Border monitoring and quarantines
5. Clear, honest and consistent messaging from public health officials
6. Acknowledging that “back to normal” will not resemble life before the pandemic for a long time.
7. “Lockdowns, if introduced early and quickly, can slow the spread of the virus, but are not a solution by themselves. They are a costly and crude policy instrument that should be used as sparingly as possible. They allow governments to buy time and use this time to massively increase important public health infrastructure.”