1. DON’T LET THE GOVERNORS FOOL YOU ABOUT REOPENING (disclaimer-this doesn’t apply to every state. See states that are WINNING.)
He predicted the spread of the pandemic in the U.S. in January. He proposed a plan that would have put us on the same path as New Zealand. Yaneer Bar-Yam has a new message—I hope we listen.
2. My dad is an ICU doctor treating COVID-19 patients…What this virus does to the body is like “sticking your finger in an electric socket.” Stay home.
A message to the younger population. “This is a once in a lifetime emergency and your boredom can be lethal…We won’t know the body count for a long time because so many young people are dying at home and not being entered into an official tally.”
3. Georgia Reopens But Wallets Don’t.
Same with every other state that has “reopened.” Dribs and drabs. All this is going to accomplish is more deaths and hospitalizations. This is a nifty economic tracker, BTW.
4. A letter from Hong Kong to Covid-ravaged Britain: What on earth are you doing?
Pass the letter along to the U.S. when you’re done.
5. Wuhan orders fresh coronavirus tests for all residents as new cluster fans fears of second wave
China will administer more tests in 10 days than the U.S. has administered in 3 months.
6. Trump’s latest effort to gaslight America is falling apart
Testing, contact tracing and masks are essential in the White House—to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Imagine that. But not for the rest of us. Why?
7. Trump is falsely claiming coronavirus numbers are ‘going down almost everywhere’ — here’s the truth
So get back on out there! What do you have to lose?
8. High SARS-CoV-2 Attack Rate Following Exposure at a Choir Practice — Skagit County, Washington, March 2020
One person with the virus infected 52 (likely) out of 61 people, HOSPITALIZING 3 and KILLING 2 (almost 10%). Be smart about this please.