A FEW NEW WHITE HOUSE AND GOP STATE STRATEGIES TO COMBAT COVID19
1. CLOSE YOUR EYES AND MAKE IT GO AWAY.
Trump says “if we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.” THAT’S ONE WAY TO TACKLE THE PROBLEM.
2. OR you could go with Team Trump Pushes CDC to Revise Down Its COVID Death Counts
The president and members of his task force are skeptical of the numbers and want the methodology changed—BECAUSE THE MAKE HIM LOOK BAD? See #1.
3. OR you could go with F.D.A. Halts Coronavirus Testing Program Backed by Bill Gates —
The program allows people in the Seattle area to easily take a coronavirus test at home. Researchers say such testing is essential for future monitoring of the virus. It might also give us a better idea of how many cases we have or had—WHICH WOULD MAKE TRUMP LOOK BAD? See #1 and #2.
4. OR if you’re Georgia, you just conjure up a graph that shows cases decreasing to support your goals.
“I have a hard time understanding how this happens without it being deliberate,” said State Rep. Jasmine Clark, D-Lilburn, who received her doctorate in microbiology and molecular genetics at Emory University. “Literally nowhere ever in any type of statistics would that be acceptable.”
5. Almost 90,000 dead and no hint of national mourning. Are these deaths not ‘ours’?
BECAUSE THIS LOOKS REALLY BAD FOR THE WHITE HOUSE. And America as a whole…and there’s no end in sight.
6. Ousted whistleblower warns US facing ‘darkest winter in modern history
CLOSING YOUR EYES TO NEW CASES OR ARTIFICIALLY LOWERING ALREADY UNDERCOUNTED FATALITY NUMBERS DOESN’T HELP THE SITUATION—IT MAKES IT WORSE.
Rick Bright testified before congressional committee that as virus spreads in US the ‘window is closing to address this pandemic’
7. And hanging your hat on one of these conspiracy theories doesn’t help either.
COVID: Top 10 current conspiracy theories
“As the COVID-19 crisis worsens, the world also faces a global misinformation pandemic. Conspiracy theories that behave like viruses themselves are spreading just as rapidly online as SARS-CoV-2 does offline. Here are the top 10 conspiracy theories making the rounds.“