WE’RE LEARNING A LOT ABOUT COVID19. UNFORTUNATELY, IT’S A MIXED BAG OF BAD NEWS AND SOME GOOD NEWS. ARM YOURSELF WITH SCIENCE AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS. DON’T LET A VOCAL MINORITY DICTATE YOUR RISKS.
1. Polling data proves the “no mask, no fear, reopen everything crowd is a minority.” Don’t let them influence your decisions. MAKE YOUR OWN BASED ON SCIENCE AND DATA.
2. Indoor restaurants are a bad idea : Even with 6ft distancing. Maybe outdoors with distancing is fine.
3. Indoor fitness classes are a bad idea
4. Crowded offices are a bad idea : Unless everyone is wearing a mask, and even then…not a great idea.
5. Packed churches are a bad idea
6. Air travel is a bad idea especially when major carriers won’t enforce mask wearing or block middle seats.
7. Combine the above for SCHOOL IS A BAD IDEA AND UNLIKELY TO WORK. This articles spells out in chilling and depressing detail how impossible it will be to maintain distancing, mask use and general school procedure without just abandoning all pretense of trying.
8. Distancing is a good idea: Still the best practical and realistic method of cutting down cases.
9. So is staying home as much as possible: The most effective if done right.
9. If you go into public, masks are a good idea AND here’s detailed summary of what we know about masks and their effectiveness AND here’s the MASKS FOR DUMMIES VERSION of the detailed summary.
10. COVID19 may be even more infectious than previously thought making all of the above more important than ever.
11. Long term immunity looks promising
12. Reinfection looking unlikely